Steven G. Wigrizer
In 2017, Steven G. Wigrizer cemented his reputation as a preeminent Philadelphia trial lawyer. As co-lead counsel in the 2017 Market Street Collapse trial, Mr. Wigrizer was instrumental in securing a historic liability verdict and record-setting settlement. The trial lasted nearly six months, the longest civil trial in Philadelphia history. The $227 Million Dollar settlement is believed to be the largest in Pennsylvania history.
A past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers’ Association, Mr. Wigrizer has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in every year since its inception and has been recognized as a top 100 lawyer in Pennsylvania and Philadelphia. He has also been accorded Top 100 status by the National Trial Lawyers Association in every year since the organization began.
Mr. Wigrizer has achieved numerous impressive verdicts and settlements, including the following representative cases:
- Steven G. Wigrizer Reaches $45 million Verdict For Abuse Victim
- Wigrizer Reaches $1.6 Million Settlement in Methadone Overdose Case During Trial
- Wigrizer Reaches $825,000 Settlement in Child Burn Case
- Partner Wins $6.5 Million Settlement in Premises Liability Case
- $6 Million Settlement for Construction Fall
- $7.6 Million Settlement for Misdiagnosed Bacterial Meningitis
- $2.7 Million Settlement in Deadly Medical Malpractice Case
- $5.4 Million Settlement for Family of Burn Fatality
- $6 Million Settlement for Medical Negligence
- $1 Million Settlement in Northampton County Malpractice Case
- $2 Million Settlement for Tractor Trailer Accident
- $8 Million Settlement for Neurological Injury to a Young Child
- $3 Million Settlement for Inappropriate Use of Heparin
- $790,000 Settlement in Bucks County Case Malpractice Case
- $2.4 Million Settlement for head injury caused by a defective lift
- Judge’s case settles for $5.25 Million during jury selection
- “All or Nothing” Proposition Results in $1.24 Million Settlement
- $10 Million Class Settlement Reached by Kidney Patients
- Jury awards $7.25 Million in Elevator Injury Case
Mr. Wigrizer is an experienced trial attorney who has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best in his field. His devotion to and compassion for his clients have earned him a high level of client loyalty, while his preparation and understanding of complex cases have won him the respect of his opponents and colleagues. Few lawyers can match this unique combination.
Mr. Wigrizer concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, construction liability and products liability. He earned his bachelor’s degree from the Pennsylvania State University in 1976 magna cum laude and his law degree from the Boston University School of Law in 1979. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and has frequently been specially admitted to practice in other states.
Mr. Wigrizer is a past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. He is a frequent lecturer on civil litigation issues and trial skills. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, National Trial Lawyers Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice and Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
In addition, Mr. Wigrizer has served as Chairman of the Philadelphia Bar Association Fee Disputes Committee and has been a hearing examiner for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board. He is a past President of the Villanova East Citizens Committee. Mr. Wigrizer has also been retained as special counsel for the First Judicial District of Philadelphia.
Mr. Wigrizer, a life-long Philadelphia resident and Central High School graduate, has been married to his wife, Debbie for 40 years. He spends considerable time with his five children and three grandchildren. In addition, he supports numerous charities and has numerous hobbies and interests, including drumming in a successful rock band.
For all of these reasons, Mr. Wigrizer submits his name for consideration for the Top 100: Pennsylvania & Philadelphia Super Lawyers List for 2020. Should any additional information be required, please feel free to contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215-569-0900.
Featured On: Suburban Life Magazine