Jarad L. Silverstein
Jarad L. Silverstein joined Wapner Newman in 2017. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from The George Washington University in 2004 and his law degree from Widener University School of Law in 2007. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mr. Silverstein began his legal career as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Karen L. Suter in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County, Law Division. He subsequently spent over eight years as a medical malpractice defense attorney with Parker McCay P.A. in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, where he represented major hospital systems, physicians, physician assistants, nurses and other medical professionals. He brings the experience and knowledge of representing “the other side” to Wapner Newman in his new and destined role as an advocate on behalf of those who have been the victim of medical negligence.
Mr. Silverstein has significant experience as a trial attorney and has represented clients at the trial and appellate levels. His experience runs the gamut of medical specialties, including but not limited to obstetrics, critical care, trauma, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, anesthesia, urology, hematology and oncology, and wound care.
Mr. Silverstein currently serves as a Judge Pro Tempore for the First Judicial District, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County, mediating cases for the Major Case Jury Civil docket.
From 2014-2016, Mr. Silverstein served on the Board of Directors of the Camden County Regional Chamber of Commerce. He spent 2016 as Counsel to the Board. He has given lectures to other attorneys as well as medical professionals in the area of medical malpractice law. He has presented several Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses on relevant issues arising in medical malpractice litigation.
Mr. Silverstein has been recognized as a New Jersey Rising Star in its “Super Lawyers” publication annually since 2013. He was also named to the Top 40 Under 40 in 2013 by the National Society of Legal Advocates. Mr. Silverstein has also been concurrently recognized in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Rising Star in its “Super Lawyers” publication since 2018.
He was born and raised in Philadelphia and currently resides in South Philadelphia with his wife, daughter and son.
- $4,000,000 newborn hypoxic brain injury
- $3,250,000 wrongful death – failure to timely diagnose and treat volvulus
- $3,000,000 failure to timely diagnose and treat carotid artery dissection
- $1,200,000 wrongful death – failure to timely diagnose and treat pulmonary embolism
- $1,000,000 failure to timely diagnose breast cancer
- $900,000 failure to properly manage gestational diabetes prenatally leading to stillbirth
- $750,000 delivery of newborn complicated by shoulder dystocia
- $375,000 wrongful death – negligent performance of aortic valve replacement surgery
- $250,000 negligent Restylane injection causing blindness
- $175,000 elderly patient dropped in a rehabilitation facility suffering fractured femur
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-Present
- Recognized by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018