Dental Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
When most people think of medical malpractice, they think of major surgical errors, failure to diagnose cancer, and other glaring examples of negligence. However, dentists can be prone to the same level of negligence as regular doctors, causing long-term complications that can affect you for years to come.
Some examples of dental malpractice include:
- Tongue nerve injury during surgery (can affect your ability to taste)
- Defective oral devices
- Complications from poorly applied dental crowns and bridges
- Failure to account for a patient’s medical history
- Failure to detect periodontal disease or oral cancer
- Anesthesia complications
- Unnecessary extraction of teeth
- Extraction of the wrong teeth
Whatever happens, a dentist’s malpractice must cause you a significant degree of harm in order for a medical malpractice case to be worthwhile. For example, if the dentist’s error caused you to need an expensive emergency surgery, or if you suffered permanent loss of sensation, these are big enough reasons to hold a negligent dentist accountable.
If you have further questions about dental malpractice, please contact Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our experienced Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys. We represent malpractice victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with offices in Philadelphia, West Conshohocken, Allentown, and Marlton.