Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia
Philadelphia and Allentown, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Steven G. Wigrizer
Steven G. Wigrizer is an experienced trial attorney who has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best in his field. His devotion to and compassion for his clients have earned him a high level of client loyalty, while his preparation and understanding of complex cases have won him the respect of his opponents and colleagues. Few lawyers can match this unique combination.
Mr. Wigrizer concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, products liability, pharmaceutical liability and class actions. He earned his bachelors degree from the Pennsylvania State University in 1976 and his law degree from the Boston University School of Law in 1979. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and has been specially admitted to practice in other states.
Mr. Wigrizer is a past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association following many years of Board Membership. He is a frequent lecturer on civil litigation issues, trial skills and pharmaceutical liability. He is a member of the American, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations and Trial Lawyers Associations. He is also a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, which exclusively represents investors in stock fraud and stock loss cases.
In addition, Mr. Wigrizer has served as Chairman of the Philadelphia Bar Association Fees Dispute Committee and has been a hearing examiner for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board. He is the current President of the Villanova East Citizens Committee.
Most recently, Mr. Wigrizer was rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review as excellent for his ethical standards and legal ability. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review is solely based upon peer review and attests to Mr. Wigrizer's legal ability and professional ethics. The Peer Review reflects the opinions of the Bar and the Judiciary.
Over the years, Mr. Wigrizer has handled a diverse array of cases, all of them involving catastrophic injuries to individuals. He has an impressive track record of multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts in a wide variety of cases including medical malpractice, products liability and premises liability.
In addition to many six and seven figure settlements in the areas of medical malpractice, products liability, trucking accidents, maritime disasters and work place accidents, some of his recent accomplishments include:
- a $10 million class action settlement to victims of tainted dialysate
- a $7.25 million verdict in an improper elevator maintenance case, for an individual who suffered a severe foot injury.
- a $5.5 million verdict in a delayed cancer diagnosis medical malpractice case involving the death of a man due to metastatic cancer,
- a $5.4 million settlement for the estate of a man who suffered fatal burn injuries in a motor vehicle accident,
- a $5.25 million settlement to the estate of a local judge killed in a building collapse,
- a $3 million verdict in a highway design case involving a brain injury following an automobile accident,
- a $2.5 million settlement for a premises liability slip and fall involving a disabling leg injury,
- and a $2.4 million products liability settlement for a worker who suffered a head injury when he fell from a defective lift.
- Our Law Team
- Steven G. Wigrizer
- Marc G. Brecher
- Robert S. Miller
- David E. Sternberg
- T. Jonathan Hankin
- Susan Morgan
- Adam Getson
- Samuel A. Anyan, Jr
- Marvin H. Donsky
- Patrick Murphy
- Jason Scott Weiss
- S. Lee Merritt, Sr.
- Your Consultation
- Verdicts & Settlements
- In The News
- Contact Us
- Practice Areas
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury Claims
- Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Claims
- Erb’s Palsy Claims
- Hypoxia Claims
- Questions About Birth Injury Lawsuits
- Questions About Cerebral Palsy
- Signs of a Birth Injury
- What to do after Your Child Suffers a Birth Injury
- Emergency Room Negligence Claims
- End Stage Renal Failure (Kidney Failure)
- Failure to Diagnose Bacterial Meningitis
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer Lawsuits
- Prescription Errors
- Questions to Ask Your Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Birth Injury Claims
- Personal Injuries
- Auto Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Industrial Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse