Choosing Your Personal Injury Lawyer
When you have experienced any type of personal injury – whether it is from a car crash, construction accident or medical malpractice – choosing the right personal injury lawyer is an important decision.
Typically, you will start out with a list of prospective attorneys and, from there, you will want to do some initial screening to find the right PI lawyer for you and your situation. In the throes of a crisis, like a severe trauma or personal injury, do not settle for an attorney who is inexperienced or who makes you feel ill at ease. Choose one who listens carefully and takes the time to keep you and your family comfortable and informed. One who is active and ‘hands on’ with your case is desired.
Here are a few key considerations when choosing your personal injury lawyer:
- Biographical information and professional experience
- Specialization in personal injury law
- Membership in professional associations
- References from attorneys in other practice areas
- Standing in state bar association