Steven G. Wigrizer
Steven G. Wigrizer is an experienced trial attorney who has been repeatedly recognized as one of the best in his field. His devotion to and compassion for his clients have earned him a high level of client loyalty, while his preparation and understanding of complex cases have won him the respect of his opponents and colleagues. Few lawyers can match this unique combination.
Mr. Wigrizer concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, products liability, pharmaceutical liability and class actions. He earned his bachelors degree from the Pennsylvania State University in 1976 and his law degree from the Boston University School of Law in 1979. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and has been specially admitted to practice in other states.
Mr. Wigrizer is a past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association following many years of Board Membership. He is a frequent lecturer on civil litigation issues, trial skills and pharmaceutical liability. He is a member of the American, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations and Trial Lawyers Associations. He is also a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, which exclusively represents investors in stock fraud and stock loss cases.
In addition, Mr. Wigrizer has served as Chairman of the Philadelphia Bar Association Fees Dispute Committee and has been a hearing examiner for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board. He is the current President of the Villanova East Citizens Committee.
Most recently, Mr. Wigrizer was rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review as excellent for his ethical standards and legal ability. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review is solely based upon peer review and attests to Mr. Wigrizer’s legal ability and professional ethics. The Peer Review reflects the opinions of the Bar and the Judiciary.
Over the years, Mr. Wigrizer has handled a diverse array of cases, all of them involving catastrophic injuries to individuals. He has an impressive track record of multimillion dollar settlements and verdicts in a wide variety of cases including medical malpractice, products liability and premises liability.
In addition to many six and seven figure settlements in the areas of medical malpractice, products liability, trucking accidents, maritime disasters and work place accidents; some of his recent accomplishments include.
Attorney Steve Wigrizer In the News
- Steven G. Wigrizer Reaches $45 million Verdict For Abuse Victim
- Judge To Decide if Salvation Army Officials Must Answer Lawsuit Questions
- Wapner Personal Injury Lawyer Shares Thoughts on Center City Building Collapse
- Partner Wigrizer Reaches $1.6 Million Settlement in Methadone Overdose Case During Trial
- Partner Wigrizer Reaches $825,000 Settlement in Child Burn Case
- Partner Wins $6.5 Million Settlement in Premises Liability Case
- Partners named to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list for 2014
- Wrongful Death Case Filed in Center City Building Collapse
- Partner, Steven G. Wigrizer quoted in article on Medical Malpractice Reforms
- Partner Wigrizer Settles Motor Vehicle Accident Case
- Steven G. Wigrizer Quoted in Oldest Law Journal in the United States
- Partners to Speak on Advanced Topics in Medical Malpractice
- Partners Named Top Rated Lawyers
- Partner Steven Wigrizer Among Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Quotes of Partner Steven G. Wigrizer published in Philadelphia Inquirer regarding Penn State’s Legal Liability
- Wapner Newman Partner Steven Wigrizer Addresses 3rd Annual Medical Malpractice Seminar
- Philadelphia Jury Awards $2.3 Million Verdict in Fatal Three-Car Accident Case
- Attorneys Steven G. Wigrizer and Samuel A. Anyan Win $2.3 Million Verdict in Fatal Car Accident Case
- Lawsuit Filed in Erie Group Home Fire Deaths
- $6 Million Settlement for Construction Fall
- $7.6 Million Settlement for Misdiagnosed Bacterial Meningitis
- $2.7 Million Settlement in Deadly Medical Malpractice Case
- $5.4 Million Settlement for Family of Burn Fatality
- Wrongful Death Action Settles for $750,000
- $6 Million Settlement for Medical Negligence
- $1 Million Settlement in Northampton County
- $250,000 Settlement in Medical Malpractice Case
- $2 Million Settlement for Tractor Trailer Accident that Killed Two
- $8 Million Settlement for Neurological Injury to a Young Child
- $3 Million Settlement for Inappropriate Use of Heparin
- $5.6 Million Medical Malpractice Settlement for a 6-Year-Old Made Blind
- Partner Steven Wigrizer Named 2011 Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer”
- Attorney Wigrizer Serves as Guest Moot Judge for the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project
- Wapner Newman Partners Steven Wigrizer and Marc Brecher Named 2008 Pennsylvania “Super Lawyers”
- Attorney Wigrizer Gives “Medical Legal Landscape” Lecture
- $790,000 Settlement in Bucks County Case
- $2.5 Million settlement for a premises liability slip and fall involving a disabling injury
- $2.4 Million Settlement for a head injury caused by a defective lift
- Judge’s case settles for $5.25 Million during jury selection
- “All or Nothing” Proposition Results in $1.24 Million Settlement
- $10 Million Class Settlement Reached by Kidney Patients
- Jury awards $7.25 Million in Elevator Injury Case