Marc G. Brecher
Marc G. Brecher, a shareholder, has been practicing law since 1977. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from Albright College in 1973 and his law degree from Temple University in 1977. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania. He has also been specially admitted to practice in the States of New Jersey and Delaware on multiple occasions. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Brecher began his legal career as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Murray L. Goldman, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County. He subsequently took a position as Director of Legal Services for the Berks County (PA) Bar Association. In 1979, he joined the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General where he remained until 1985. During his tenure with the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, he represented many state agencies including the State Police, Bureau of Correction, Department of Environmental Resources and Pennsylvania Game Commission. He left the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General as a Senior Deputy Attorney General.
In 1985, Mr. Brecher began working at Wapner Newman. Since that time his practice has been limited to medical malpractice litigation with a special emphasis on obstetrical malpractice cases. His practice also heavily concentrates on failure to diagnose cancer cases, emergency room malpractice, surgery mistakes, and diagnosis errors. He has achieved many multimillion dollar results for his clients in actions filed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware during his career.
In 2002, the firm name was changed to Wapner Newman Wigrizer & Brecher in recognition of his many accomplishments. In 2009, Mr. Brecher became the firm’s managing partner.
Mr. Brecher has been recognized as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” as published in Philadelphia Magazine. He is also listed among the top 100 trial lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In addition, Mr. Brecher was rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review as excellent for his ethical standards and legal ability. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review is solely based upon peer review and attests to Mr. Brecher’s legal ability and professional ethics. The Peer Review reflects that opinions of the Bar and the Judiciary.
In 2012 Mr. Brecher was appointed to a one year term on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. In 2013 he was elected to a three year term on the Philadelphia Trial Lawyer Association Board of Directors.
Attorney Marc Brecher In the News
- $9 Million Settlement Obtained for Child Who Suffered Brain Damage Due to Undiagnosed Asphyxia During Labo
- $8.4 Million Settlement for Woman who Suffered Brain Damage due to Delay in Diagnosing Ruptured Splenic Artery
- $7 Million Settlement in Birth Trauma Case Due to Failure to Properly Interpret Fetal Heart Rate Monitor Tracings During Labor
- $5.8 Million Settlement in Obstetrical Malpractice Case Due to Failure to Timely Deliver a Second Twin
- $5 Million Settlement for Child Injured at Birth Due to Improper Use of Forceps
- $5 Million Settlement for Child Who Suffered Birth Asphyxia Due to Delayed Recognition of Fetal Distress
- $4.2 Million Settlement for Child Who Suffered Brain Damage During Shoulder Dystocia Complications During Birth
- $4.5 Million Settlement Obtained for Child Who Suffered Irreversible Brain Damage Due to Failure to Properly Interpret Fetal Heart Rate Monitor Tracings
- $4 Million Settlement for Child Who Suffered Injury Due to Failure to Diagnose Congenital Heart Condition
- $3.85 Million Award for Estate of 45 Year Old Woman For Failure to Diagnose Ovarian Cancer
- $3.8 Million Settlement for Child Who Suffered Spinal Cord Injury During Breech Delivery
- $2.25 Million Settlement for Wrongful Death of a 51 Year Old Man From Failure to Properly Treat a Heart Attack in an Emergency Room
- $2.25 Million Award for Child Who Suffered Brachial Plexus Injury Due to Shoulder Dystocia Complications at Birth
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer 2004-2008; 2010-2016
- Highest Rating (AV) Pre-eminent Peer Review Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standard by Martindale-Hubble since 1998
- Named to Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association 2008-2016
- Named to Nations Top One Percent by National Association of Distinguished Counsel since 2015
- Listed in Publication, Best Lawyers, 2016
- Board of Directors, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, 2012-2016