Jason S. Weiss
Jason S. Weiss is an associate at Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller, P.C. His practice focuses on representing victims who are injured due to medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, defective products, and premises liability.
In 2017, Mr. Weiss was a member of the trial team that, after winning a successful liability verdict, obtained the largest settlement in Pennsylvania history. The $227 Million dollar settlement in the Market Street Collapse case came after the jury found the Salvation Army was 75% responsible, a landmark result not only for our clients, but for Mr. Weiss’ career.
In addition to the Market Street Collapse result, working closely with Partner Steven G, Wigrizer has afforded Mr. Weiss to contribute to tremendous results on a range of cases including:
- $45 million judgment in the Tacony “Dungeon Case”
- $6.5 million in a premises liability action against a university
- $4 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failure to diagnose renal cell carcinoma
- $3.1 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to properly insert a spinal cord stimulator
- $1.6 million in a methadone overdose case settled during trial
- $850,000 for a wrongful death and survival action in a tow truck accident
- $825,000 settlement for a child in a Federal Flammable Fabrics Act case.
In 2016 and 2017, Mr. Weiss was selected as a Super Lawyer: Rising Star, distinguished in Medical Malpractice as a Plaintiff’s attorney. He has also been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers 2017 list.
The Cochran Firm – Philadelphia
Jason Weiss Awarded Billy Penn’s “Who’s Next”
Congratulations to Jason Weiss of The Cochran Firm – Philadelphia for being honored in Billy Penn’s “Who’s Next” series! Presented by the Knight Foundation, “Who’s Next” highlights the most dynamic people under 40 shaping Philadelphia.
Jason is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also named a 2017 “Rising Star” in medical malpractice by Super Lawyers. One nominator said: “Jason is an outstanding young trial lawyer who is as passionate about his clients as he is about his results. He truly loves his job and the enthusiasm he brings to the office is contagious.”
Education & Background
Mr. Weiss is a 2007 graduate of The George Washington University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, Mr. Weiss was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from the Rutgers School of Law – Camden, where he was a member of the Rutgers Law Journal.
While in law school, Mr. Weiss served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to joining Wapner Newman in November 2011, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michele M. Fox of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Mr. Weiss is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. Contact our experienced personal injury lawyer, Jason Weiss for a free consultation if you are in Philadelphia, Allentown or surrounding areas.
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017
- 2016-2017 Super Lawyer Rising Star – Medical Malpractice
- Named in Who’s Next Law: 18 young people changing the legal community in Philly