Questions to Ask Your Medical Malpractice Attorney
Philadelphia and Allentown, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
If you have been seriously injured because of a doctor’s negligence or mistake, you may be considering hiring a medical malpractice attorney in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, not all medical malpractice lawyers are equal. Choosing a mediocre or inexperienced lawyer can compromise the outcome of your case.
You deserve a medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia with the skill, experience, and resources necessary to pursue the full measure of compensation you are entitled to.
How to Evaluate a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
The best way to evaluate an attorney before you hire them is to set up a free initial consultation. These consultations are designed to give you a better feel for an attorney’s qualifications, and how they can help you.
If you have never hired an attorney before, you might not know exactly which questions to ask during your consultation. Below are a few examples:
- How long have you been practicing medical malpractice law?
- Which bar associations or professional organizations do you belong to?
- Is my case similar to other medical malpractice cases you have handled?
- How many medical malpractice lawsuits do you settle each year on average?
- How many cases do you take to trial every year?
- Do you think I have a case?
- Which factors will work in my case’s favor, and which will work against me?
- What are my chances of settling prior to a trial?
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis?
- What types of medical experts can you hire for my case?
- Who will be my day-to-day contact?
As you ask these questions, look for open and honest answers from the lawyer. A good medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia will patiently explain the laws that apply in your case, and give you a practical assessment of what to expect from the legal process. They will also give you an honest opinion as to whether or not pursuing your medical malpractice claim would be worthwhile.
Experienced Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our Philadelphia and New Jersey medical malpractice attorneys at Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller have over 30 years of experience successfully handling a wide variety of cases involving medical negligence. Whether your child has suffered a birth injury, or you have been injured because of a misdiagnosis, we have the resources, skill, and personal approach your claim needs to succeed.
If you are considering hiring a medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or New Jersey, we invite you to contact us and schedule a free consultation to see what makes our personal injury lawyers in Pennsylvania different from others in the Philadelphia area. If transportation is an issue, we have no problem coming to you.
Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller has offices in Philadelphia, Allentown, West Conshohocken, and Marlton.
- Our Law Team
- Steven G. Wigrizer
- Marc G. Brecher
- Robert S. Miller
- David E. Sternberg
- T. Jonathan Hankin
- Susan Morgan
- Adam Getson
- Samuel A. Anyan, Jr
- Marvin H. Donsky
- Patrick Murphy
- Jason Scott Weiss
- S. Lee Merritt, Sr.
- Your Consultation
- Verdicts & Settlements
- In The News
- Contact Us
- Practice Areas
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury
- Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Claims
- Erb’s Palsy Claims
- Hypoxia Claims
- Questions About Birth Injury Lawsuits
- Questions About Cerebral Palsy
- Signs of a Birth Injury
- What to Do After Your Child Suffers a Birth Injury
- Emergency Room Negligence
- End Stage Renal Disease (Kidney Failure)
- Failure to Diagnose Bacterial Meningitis
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- Prescription Errors
- Questions to Ask Your Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Birth Injury
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse