Philadelphia Bus Accident Lawyer
Philadelphia and Allentown, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
We place a lot of trust in bus drivers. Many of our Philadelphia-area clients have no other choice: the bus is the only way they can get to work, or they have to rely on a bus to take their children to school. Because of the massive size of the vehicles involved, bus accidents can be devastating, even lethal. If you or someone you love has been hurt or killed in a bus accident, you need our skilled Philadelphia auto accident lawyers.
Bus accident cases present their own unique set of challenges. You need a lawyer with the appropriate experience. The accident lawyers at Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller have handled bus accident cases. Call 1-800-529-6600 to arrange a free bus accident consultation where we will discuss and evaluate your case.
Causes of Bus Accidents
Because driving a bus, tour bus or mega bus is so difficult, the state of Pennsylvania requires bus drivers acquire a specific license before they can legally operate a bus. According to federal statistics, there were 11,000 bus crashes in 2008 (the most recent year for which statistics are available) which injured 24,000 people.
Most bus drivers are capable professionals, but many make mistakes. And in a bus crash, the results almost always include catastrophic personal injuries.
Our accident lawyers have investigated enough bus accidents to know that there are a few general causes for most of these crashes:
- Distracted Driving: While distracted driving is a problem in all sorts of vehicles, it presents a unique challenge for bus drivers. Most buses run on tight schedules and along prescribed routes. As a result, drivers often take their eyes off the road to consult GPS devices. This momentary lapse in concentration can cause an accident.
- Bridges: Many buses are too tall to pass under some low-lying bridges. Quite a few bus accidents are caused by drivers who ignore height restrictions and end up driving straight into a bridge.
- Reckless driving: Because buses are on such tight schedules, drivers often feel pressure to make up for lost time if they’ve been delayed. This is dangerous, especially in bad weather.
The negligence or misconduct of a bus driver or his company can shatter lives, especially when the result is a wrongful death. Our capable accident lawyers will handle your case with care and compassion. We will pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one was hurt by a bus, mega bus or tour bus accident in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area, you need an experienced accident lawyer. Please contact Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller for a free consultation.
- Our Law Team
- Steven G. Wigrizer
- Marc G. Brecher
- Robert S. Miller
- David E. Sternberg
- T. Jonathan Hankin
- Susan Morgan
- Adam Getson
- Samuel A. Anyan, Jr
- Marvin H. Donsky
- Patrick Murphy
- Jason Scott Weiss
- S. Lee Merritt, Sr.
- Your Consultation
- Verdicts & Settlements
- In The News
- Contact Us
- Practice Areas
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury Claims
- Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Claims
- Erb’s Palsy Claims
- Hypoxia Claims
- Questions About Birth Injury Lawsuits
- Questions About Cerebral Palsy
- Signs of a Birth Injury
- What to do after Your Child Suffers a Birth Injury
- Emergency Room Negligence Claims
- End Stage Renal Failure (Kidney Failure)
- Failure to Diagnose Bacterial Meningitis
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer Lawsuits
- Prescription Errors
- Questions to Ask Your Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Birth Injury Claims
- Personal Injuries
- Auto Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Industrial Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse